- Privacy and Security
- Payment, Pricing and Promotions
- Shipping and Delivery
- Viewing Orders
- Returns and Replacements
- Updating account information
Privacy and Security
At East Coast Alloys and Tyres we are committed to respecting your privacy. We take the security and confidentiality of all your personal information seriously, and in order to prevent unauthorised access to it we have suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures in place.
When you visit our website we collect some information about you using cookies placed on your computer, which enables us to provide you with a better service. For a complete list of the cookies we collect, and how we use them, see our Cookies Policy.
If you place an order with us we need your name, billing address, delivery address (if different to the billing address), telephone number, email address, and payment information. We need this information to process your order effectively, and to contact you if any questions arise relating to your order. It will only be used by East Coast Alloys and Tyres and any other third parties who are involved in the processing of your order. We will not share the information you provide us with any other individual or any other company, unless required to by law.
We will use your personal information:
- For internal record keeping.
- To improve our products and services.
- To periodically send you promotional emails about new products and special offers; other information which we think you may find interesting; and occasionally to contact you for market research purposes.
We may contact you by email, telephone, fax, or mail, unless you have requested that we do not use your personal information for any other purpose than processing your order. You may do this by clicking the box on any form on our website which indicates to us that you do not want us to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes you may change your mind by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at the address below.
You may request details of the personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. Please write to us at: East Coast Alloys and Tyres, Main Street, Ardee, Co.Louth, Ireland. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email or write to us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest to you. If you use a link to leave our site you should note that we do not have any control over the other website, and cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you provide whilst visiting such sites, which are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and read the privacy statement applicable to any other website.
East Coast Alloys and Tyres is happy to accept orders through our online ordering system, or by telephone on +353 (0)41 6871700 or +353 (0)41 6857801. We reserve the right to cancel your order if there is a stock issue which we cannot resolve quickly. If this happens we will inform you. We do not charge you until we have checked and confirmed the order. Once your ordered goods have been dispatched from East Coast Alloys and Tyres you will be responsible for the order.
Under the EC (Protection of Consumers in Respect of Contracts Made by Means of Distance Communication) Regulations 2001 you have a seven-day cooling-off period within which you can choose to return the goods to us; however you will be responsible for any return shipping costs (please see the returns and replacements section below for further details).
Payment, Pricing and Promotions
You can pay for your order:
- Online, by credit or debit card.
- By sending us a cheque or postal order in advance of the goods being dispatched.
- By arranging with us by telephone for our courier to collect a postal order or bank draft on delivery; this payment method is only available in Ireland.
Cheques, postal orders, and bank drafts must be payable to East Coast Alloys and Tyres.
Online payments to East Coast Alloys and Tyres are processed by Relex Redirect, and this is a secure and convenient payment method. If you pay online you will see the payment referenced on your credit card or bank statement to Road Rims Ltd.
Pricing and quotes
East Coast Alloys and Tyres makes every effort to ensure that the correct prices are advertised. If we do make a mistake when pricing an item we reserve the right to cancel your order for the mispriced item; if this happens we will inform you. If an item is out of stock when you place your order, and the cost of the item changes when it is restocked we will pass on the price change at our discretion.
Quotes from East Coast Alloys and Tyres will be valid for one week from the date of issue.
VAT is charged at 23%, and a breakdown of the price is shown at the online checkout. VAT is always charged and will be shown on your invoice.
If you wish to export goods to a country other than the Republic of Ireland you must contact East Coast Alloys and Tyres to open an account for zero rated VAT exports. East Coast Alloys and Tyres will carry out all the relevant checks before a zero rated VAT export account is opened.
East Coast Alloys and Tyres will check every order for any fraudulent activity, and we will report fraudulent activity to the relevant authorities at the first sign.
Shipping and Delivery
The shipping costs for delivery within Ireland are as follows:
- An order of four wheels with no tyres fitted will be charged as two deliveries totalling €15.
- An order of four wheels fitted with tyres will be charged as four deliveries totalling €30.
- Smaller parts and accessories are sent as one delivery at €7.50.
For deliveries outside of Ireland please contact us for a quote for the shipping cost.
If you place your order before 1pm on a working day we aim to dispatch it the same day for delivery on the next working day. If you order after 1pm on a working day, at the weekend or during a holiday, or we are very busy, the goods will be dispatched on the next working day for delivery on the following working day.
Our courier delivers during business hours and a signature will be required at the delivery address. If there is no-one at the delivery address to receive the goods it is at the courier’s discretion as to how to complete the delivery, and they may telephone the supplied telephone number. If it is not possible to complete the delivery the courier will reattempt the delivery on the following working day.
If you do not receive the delivery and the goods are returned to East Coast Alloys and Tyres you will be liable for the redelivery costs, unless the error lies with East Coast Alloys and Tyres or our courier.
While we take every care to package goods appropriately, should goods arrive that are visibly damaged you should either immediately return the goods to East Coast Alloys and Tyres as damaged via the courier; or state the damage to the courier, sign the delivery docket as damaged goods, and contact East Coast Alloys and Tyres to resolve the problem.
If you have registered an online account with us you may log-on to our website and view your account details, and track the progress of your order. If you have not registered an online account with us you will receive automated emails informing you of the progress of your order.
Returns and Replacements
Under the EC (Protection of Consumers in Respect of Contracts Made by Means of Distance Communication) Regulations 2001 online customers have a ‘cooling-off period’ of seven days from the date of receipt of goods. You must return unwanted goods within this period for a full refund, and the returned goods must meet the following conditions:
- All returned goods must be as new in a resalable condition (free from any scratches, damage, or other marks), with their undamaged and unmarked original packaging and labels. This includes any damage incurred during return transport due to inappropriate packaging.
- All supplied accessories must be returned, otherwise you will be charged for them.
You must pay any shipping and insurance costs for the return of unwanted goods.
You will be credited with a refund when the returned goods have been received and inspected by East Coast Alloys and Tyres.
The following exclusions apply:
- If the wheels have been fitted with tyres by the customer the wheels may not be returned even when the tyres have been removed, as they can no longer be sold as new goods.
- If the supplied wheels or wheels and tyres have been fitted to a vehicle then they may not be returned, as they can no longer be sold as new goods, as the wheel nuts or bolts will mark the mounting points on the wheels.
- If the order includes the fitting of tyres to wheels by East Coast Alloys and Tyres the wheels may be classed as not new on return, as it is no longer in its original box. East Coast Alloys and Tyres will waiver this at their discretion and allow wheel and tyre packages to be returned for a full refund provided there are no scratches, marks, or other damage.
- If the delivered goods have been ordered in by East Coast Alloys and Tyres as a special order and are not a regular stock item, these goods may be returned as unwanted for a refund at the discretion of East Coast Alloys and Tyres if we think we can resell the item.
Your statutory rights are not affected should any supplied goods be unfit for purpose.
Updating account information
You can log-on to your online East Coast Alloys and Tyres account at any time to update it with any changes of your personal details. You must ensure that your account information is up to date when you place an order with East Coast Alloys and Tyres, and we will not be liable for any delay in processing and shipping your order if your customer details are incorrect.